Our one-room schoolhouse was built in 1832 as McKeesport's first school. It was a subscription school (not public) and was only used as a schoolhouse for a decade. It was located at 4 other locations around the City, from 1832 - 1942, until it was moved to the current Renziehausen Park location. In 1995, the structure was enclosed and became a permanent part of our museum.
Stop by the Center and tour the schoolhouse to learn more about its historic past.